Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm in. I'm all in and I've got the best poker face in the world. And somehow I could still lose it all. This has nothing to do with ballsiness or the ability to be open. Can you ever start something if you can't end it?

I don't think I can only put half my chips in and save the rest for later. I don't want to be blindly in love. I don't want to need him. But I'm scared to death I will. He's all in and I can't seem to believe him. And right now, ending it would hurt. I want to give it a whole hearted chance but there's nothing he can do to make it better.

Don't people always tell you to marry someone who loves you more than you love them? Both parties are happy that way but I've never been that girl. He makes me laugh. He encourages my stupid thoughts. He tells me I don't have to need him but he's going to be there anyway. He grabs the back of my head when he kisses me. I can honestly say I've never felt so comfortable and un judged in my life. And I still have that va va voom feeling in my stomach whenever I see him. How did it get like this? Somewhere between standing still and looking forward, I fell. Hard. And I don't want to get back up.

Love,
Single Girl and The City

No comments: